Introducing Firewall Port Scanner for Higgins Contract Customers!
Higgins is proud to introduce an Nmap port scanner to test servers, firewalls and network perimeters remotely with our own online version of the Nmap port scanner. It is simple, easy and the most effective way to perform an external port scan for our customers.
Nmap is a powerful open source port scanner that will find open ports and discover services that are listening on Internet connected systems.
- Test for presence of both network or host based firewalls.
- Audit external facing IP addresses for configured firewall rules.
- Troubleshoot network issues with Internet facing services.
- Detect unknown services and operating system versions.
- Test IPv6 enabled systems for valid firewall configurations.
- With this automated Port Scanner we are able to monitor your Internet facing systems, and be alerted to changes on your servers, firewall or border routers. This tool is based on the Nmap Port Scanner, that can be scheduled for daily or weekly port scans.
Most scans will take 1 or 2 minutes, however a scan of /24 network will obviously take longer, estimated around 20 to 30 minutes depending on the network being scanned.
IPv6 capable port scanner:
It is important to understand that as systems are moved to IPv6 based addressing; the Internet facing IPv6 addresses must be tested for open ports. It is quite likely that a firewall that is configured to protect an IPv4 addressed system is not configured or even able to filter IPv6 traffic.
The IPv6 feature of the Online Nmap Port Scanner is one that will become more and more important as the world starts to move towards an IPv6 connected future.
Our most important announcement though, is that we are introducing this service as part of your server monitoring package at no additional cost!
Call us with any questions, we are happy to help. Give us a call, toll-free, at 800.486.1312 or fill out our contact form to request more information.